- Total time 2 hours 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- ghee 1 tbsp
- onion 1, finely diced
- garlic 2 cloves, finely chopped
- ground cumin 1½ tsp
- mild chilli powder 1 tsp
- ground turmeric 1 tsp
- ginger 15g, peeled and grated
- chicken breast 600g, diced
- chopped tomatoes 400g, fresh or canned
- chickpeas 400g can, rinsed and drained
- coriander a small bunch, roughly chopped
- lime ½, juiced
- steamed brown rice 600g, to serve
- natural yogurt to serve
Heat the ghee in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion for 4-5 minutes, or until just softened.
Stir in the garlic, cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder and turmeric, and cook for a further minute until aromatic.
Transfer the onion mixture to the slow cooker and stir in the ginger and chicken along with the tomatoes and chickpeas. Season and cook for 2-3 hours on high or 4 hours on low, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, stir through half the coriander and all the lime juice. Season to taste. Serve with brown rice and a dollop of yogurt, and scatter the remaining coriander on top.
Check out more of our healthy slow cooker recipes
[image id=”109330″ size=”landscape_thumbnail” align=”none” title=”Vegetable Tagine Recipe” alt=”Pepper, date and harissa tagine” classes=””]
- kcals 551
- fat 13.5g
- saturates 4.4g
- carbs 59g
- sugars 6.8g
- fibre 8.4g
- protein 44.2g
- salt 0.2g